Are you exploring a career within risk & compliance. Do you have a proactive “can do” mentality, with the famous helicopter view and eye for detail, and are you also communicatively strong? Then this vacancy might be of interest to you!
Who are we?
We are Van Ameyde: a specialist in claims-management & recoveries, marine and valuations. The Van Ameyde Group works with a portfolio of more than 1,000 corporate clients worldwide in the insurance and risk market. Our head office is in Rijswijk, and we operate in 28 countries with 46 offices. We offer ‘full service’ solutions, state-of-the art systems, and a global network of subject matter experts.
What will you do?
You will work from the head office in Rijswijk within the Risk & Compliance/ Internal Audit Department (RCIAD). Within this department, you and the risk colleagues oversee the management of operational, IT, financial and strategic risks of the Van Ameyde Group.
You actively contribute to the development of policies regarding operational risk management and supervise their implementation in such a way that risk awareness is strengthened in the business.
Within risk & compliance, you will work in close cooperation with the risk & compliance manager on the following topics:
- Track market and legislative developments and advise on their impact on Enterprise Risk Management program and its continuous development
- Preparation of the annual risk and compliance annual plan
- Promote and increase risk awareness among business and management
- Advising at various levels of the business and management on risk preparedness with regard to operational risks and implementation of risk governance
- Actively participating in lessons learned
- Ensuring that operational risks are covered by key controls and monitoring measures
- Monitoring and implementing sanctions law policy
- Organising and facilitating (operational) risk assessments
- Positioning Risk as a partner in business of specialist support for new initiatives
What do you bring?
- A relevant, completed HBO education and corresponding work and thinking level
- At least 3 years of working experience in R&C and IAD
- Experience with the quality requirements and rules of conduct applicable in the area of Risk & Compliance
- Familiar with conducting investigations in the areas of governance, compliance, risk management and finance
- Experience with risk management & monitoring, internal control frameworks, COSO and governance codes
- Experience in areas such as GDPR, Financial Supervision Act, and Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing Act.
What do you get in return?
- A varied, challenging, and responsible job
- Working in an enthusiastic team within an international organisation that is constantly evolving
- Ample opportunities for further development, including the possibility of attending relevant training courses
- Magnificent views of The Hague’s skyline
In addition, Van Ameyde offers you:
- A monthly salary of €4,000 to max €4,700, depending on your educational background or
- Participation in a good pension scheme
- Travel reimbursement
- 216 holiday hours per year (for full-time employment)
- Participation in collective health and disability insurance
- Flexible opportunities to work from home
- Home working allowance
- Mobility plan
Contact our Manager Risk & Compliance, Edwin van den Berg
Mobile: +31(0)6 28768472