This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of Data Protection legislation, the data controller is Van Ameyde International B.V., including all her subsidiaries, Einsteinlaan 20 2289 CC Rijswijk, The Netherlands (“we”, “us” and “our”).
Information we may collect and request from you during claims business
- Information you give us or that we collect from you:You may give us personal information by corresponding, emailing, filling in forms, uploading content to our Website and or by phone. The information you give us may include your name, home address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, personal description, photograph, gender, marital status, vehicle registration number, passport details, details of identity card and other identifying numbers, nationality, medical information, education, qualifications, employment skill set, employment history, salary, employment benefits, State benefits, assets, pensions and other personal / family expenditure and/or tax filings.
- Technical information including the Internet protocol (IP) address:This is used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit to our website:This includes the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our service number/s.
- Information we receive from other sources:We may receive information about you from third party websites including, for example, driver and vehicle licensing agencies, motor insurer’s bureau, anti-fraud databases as well as from insurers, solicitors, law enforcement bodies, government departments, local authorities and other public or private bodies. The collection of data is lawful, relevant and limited to the matter/s being dealt with by us.
Purpose and legal basis for processing for claims business
The data that you provide is essential for us to administrate (manage, process, handle or adjust) incidents and/or claims and the collection, use and retention of the data is lawful and relevant to the matter being dealt with by us.
Should it be necessary for your personal data to be processed in another way not stated under this section, we will inform you in advance, and in accordance to relevant provisions, and if necessary obtain your consent if legally required.
How will we use your personal data
The information you supply, or that we collect, about you may be used by us and our agents for the purposes of claims administration, fraud investigation (dependent on specific client agreements) and / or debt administration and recovery.
Who else will have access to your data
In connection with the processing of a claim, there may be situations where it is proportionate and relevant that personal data is shared with the office resident in the place of the accident for the purpose of processing and assessment of the claim raised. Under these circumstances, we may share your personal information with any relevant member of our group. For an overview of the Van Ameyde Group, please click here (https://www.vanameyde.com/offices/)
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors such as, but not limited to, (medical) experts, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agencies and Local Motor Insurance Bureaus
- Law enforcement bodies, government departments, local authorities and other public or private bodies where we are obliged or permitted by law to do so. This includes disclosure to third party managed databases of insurance claims used to help prevent fraud and regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and / or enforcing compliance with any regulatory rules and codes;
- Any third party we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data with in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our group, others or us. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud prevention, detection and protection
Information we may collect and request from you during your website visit or information requests
Visits to websites
Information about meetings / participation in seminars
When visitors request information on meetings, courses and participation in seminars, we process the personal data listed below.
- Company name
- E-mail address
- Company address (optional)
- Telephone number (optional)
The data listed above is processed exclusively to provide you with the information you request and/or to register you for participation in a seminar. Van Ameyde also uses this data to communicate with you. We may also use the e-mail address you provide to send you electronic newsletters (see below).
For the purpose of sending out one or more electronic newsletters, we will only process your e-mail address. Our newsletter is meant to keep you informed about interesting news on our products and/or services or those of third parties. If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe using the appropriate link in the newsletter. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Van Ameyde processes your request to stop using your e-mail address within five working days. As a result, you may still receive a few more messages after you have unsubscribed.
We process the following personal data when a whitepaper is downloaded from the Van Ameyde websites:
- Company name
- E-mail address
This data is processed for the purpose of providing the whitepaper to you. In addition, we will ask your consent to send information that is related to the subject of the whitepaper you downloaded to the e-mail address you provided. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Is your personal data secure
Van Ameyde has taken the appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised access or disclosure and to ensure that your personal data are as accurate as possible. These measures include, among other things:
- An internal authorization procedure for our employees;
- An internal procedure for handling data leaks;
- Daily back-ups of our database; and
- An encrypted connection for our servers.
Will we transfer data overseas
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of claims administration on your behalf, the processing of your details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Should contractual obligation permit Van Ameyde to perform such transfer, or prior consent is required, Van Ameyde will act accordingly. Within the Van Ameyde Group, we make us of Binding Corporate Rules and contractual arrangements are in place with the relevant third parties.
Data Retention Period
The data that we collect from you will be processed for the purpose for which it was collected and it will be retained during processing and for the local legal retention period after the closure of the processing of the data.
You have certain rights with regard to your personal data processed by us and these are described in this section. We will ask you to provide evidence of your identity before we can take instructions to fulfil your rights.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that we hold on our database about you and this can be done by making a Subject Access Request to our Data Protection Officer whose contact details are in section 10.
- Right of rectification: If you believe the data we hold about you is incorrect, you have the right to have this corrected.
- Right to erasure: With exceptions, you have the right to request the deletion of personal data we hold about you. We will consider every request for erasure on its merits.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data held on our database for the period it takes us to rectify any inaccurate data about you. This right can also be used to prevent us from deleting your data at the end of the retention period in the unlikely event that you need it to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from the Van Ameyde
Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
Van Ameyde Group
2289 CC Rijswijk
Alternatively, you can e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any complaints about how we handle your personal data, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com and we will respond to you in 2 working days.
If, after we have given you our final response, you still are dissatisfied you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country. On the website mentioned below, you can find the contact details of all data protection authorities.
Any translation is provided for convenience only. If there are any differences in interpretation between the English text and the translated texts, the English text will prevail.